To be eligible to join the programme applicants must be unemployed with a previous history of employment AND satisfy the following criteria:
1. Be in receipt of one of the following payments from the Department of Social Protection*:
- Jobseeker’s Benefit
- Jobseekers Allowance
- One Parent Family
- Disability Allowance
- Qualified Adults of Working Age
- Carers Allowance
- Farm Assist/Fish Assist
- Widow(er)s Contributory or Non-contributory Pension
- Blind Pension
- Deserted Wives Allowance
2. Be signing for social insurance contribution credits
3. Be previously self-employed
4. be actively seeking employment
* There is no requirement to be in receipt of a payment for a particular period of time prior to the commencement of the programme. Participants in receipt of an eligible payment at the time the Springboard course commences are eligible to apply for a place on that course.
I am an adult learner who has gained extensive equivalent experience in employment.
Honours degree in business or a related discipline, such as accounting, finance or economics; or honour degree in a non-business discipline with three years of relevant work experience.
Those who do not hold a degree but have exceptional middle or senior management experience, are eligible to apply and will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Developed Skills and Experience
Previous skills and experience developed in the workplace, in extra-curricular activities, or in other context will also be reviewed as part of your application.
Please note that work placements (where available) will be assigned based on a match between the candidate and the company. Companies may require entrance interviews before offering work placements.
You may also be asked to take part in a telephone interview to confirm eligibility and/or provide additional information to assess your suitability for the programme.