You must have a minimum academic achievement of five passes in the Leaving Certificate including English and Mathematics or five O Level/GCSE passes including English Language and Mathematics. Candidates may have achieved degree or diploma qualifications previously. The programme allows those with primary degrees and higher to acquire a specialist additional qualification. Candidates should provide details of all previous educational awards as part of the application process. Exceptions may be made to the minimum academic requirements for adult learners who have gained extensive equivalent experience in employment.
To be eligible for a place on a Springboard 2012 programme a person must be:
- Unemployed with a previous history of employment AND satisfy one of the following three criteria:
1. be in receipt of one of the following payments from the Department of Social Protection*:
2. be signing for social insurance contribution credits
3. be previously self-employed
4. be actively seeking employment
* There is no requirement to be in receipt of a payment for a particular period of time prior to the commencement of the programme. Participants in receipt of an eligible payment at the time the Springboard course commences are eligible to apply for a place on that course.
Developed Skills and Experience
Previous skills and experience developed in the workplace, in extra-curricular activities, or in other context will also be reviewed as part of your application.
Please note that work placements (where available) will be assigned based on a match between the candidate and the company. Companies may require entrance interviews before offering work placements.